Sunday, September 12, 2010

I have a serious addiction to organization




I love this magazine and I'm seriously thinking about getting a subscription to it. Since having children I have quickly realized that being organized is a neccessity. Aaron always complains that we have so much "sh*t" and I always come back and say "we may have a lot of sh*t, but atleast it's organized sh*t." I have 21 plastic totes that I have counted so far in various parts of this house and they contain mostly clothes. These are clothes that the kids have either not yet grown in to or just grown out of and are waiting to be given away. Right now they are stacked up 5 totes high in our garage and it's driving me banana's that they aren't on shelves and easily accessible. Ever since we moved into this house I find myself cleaning and organizing more. I'm not sure if it's b/c it's a new house and I want it to always look nice and not like a 2nd rate daycare or if I'm becoming a little OCD. It's just so much easier to pick up the house when everything has a place, the boys play room is where I'm the most organized and the garage is my next adventure. I guess it's a healthy addiction as long as I don't start trying to organize the rocks in the back yard. I'll let you know if that does become the case.

1 comment:

C.J. and Jen said...

It's so true that life is a lot easier to keep up with when organized. Although, you do have to share tips on how you manage to keep the toy room organized because that's one area where I definitely can't keep up.