Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Sweet and Sad

The other night the kids and I were all laying in bed watching TV and a commercial for a One Touch Ultra blood glucose meter came on the screen. Brady said "Oh Mommy look, I have that meter!" I said "yeah, your right you do." Then Brady said this and it almost broke my heart "I hope sister get's diabetes like me." Then I said "why do you want sister to have diabetes too?" Brady said "so we can have diabetes together."

This was sweet and sad all at the same time. Sad because Brady has no idea yet that it's not a good thing to have diabetes b/c it's all he knows. Sweet because he loves his sister so much and it's so wonderful and interesting to me that someone that is only 5 can express so much love for someone other than his parents. He loves Ryker too, but I think he and Jillian have some special kind of twin connection. I love that little man.

2 comments:

The Coombs' said...

Oh man, that is so cute! I really hope Jillian doen't get diabetes, but that little Brady is SO sweet. We miss you guys.

C.J. and Jen said...

Precious!