Sunday, June 27, 2010

What's Up

Yes, I know. It's been a while since I've written anything on this ol' blog of mine. But I doubt too many people have noticed with it being summer and all. It's been a little hard to find time to sit down and write anything since every time I do sit down one of the kids needs something. There are days where it seems I don't sit down for longer than 5 minutes. But I suppose that is what being a Mom is all about. You're the one who knows what snacks there are to eat, where the shoes are, how to kiss the boo boo's, and how to wipe the butts. Among other things.

So far June has been a pretty good month. The weather is finally starting to get warm and the boys have been outside from the time they wake up until the time I drag them inside to go to bed. Brady is already dark enough from being out in the sun that it's a good thing we don't live in Arizona. Ryker is getting a pretty good tan as well. It took us a while to convince Brady to wear tank tops, he didn't like his arm pits hanging out he said. My little Jilly bean is growing like a weed and I keep thinking that I'm really going to miss holding her on my chest while she sleeps. I don't regret having my tubes tied, but I will miss those sweet moments when they're little.

Well, last Thursday we did receive an offer on the house finally. We were so relieved, we counter offered and they accepted our counteroffer so we are now under contract and on our way to closing on the 30th of July. Our new house won't be ready until the middle of August, but we were planning on being on vacation the first two weeks of August anyway. The only bad thing about it is we will have to move our stuff twice. Aaron's company will move our stuff to a storage unit in Ephrata and then we will move it into the new house when it's done. It will be so nice to be able to see Aaron every evening, but it also means that we won't be seeing my Mom as often which I know will be a hard transition for everyone, especially Ryker.

He's having a really hard time adjusting to everything that's been happening lately. When Aaron's gone and my Moms here, he constantly asks where Daddy is. When my Mom is gone and Aaron's here, he constantly asks where Grammy is. He acts up a lot more if he doesn't get his way and it's really hard to take him to places like the store b/c he almost always throws a fit now over something he wants. If I take him to the store by himself, he's wonderful. I know this is an issue of him wanting attention, having a new baby sister, and his Daddy and Grammy coming and going all the time and I'm not sure how to handle it. I try to hold him more and stay calm when he throws fits b/c spanking him and putting him in time out is not working. He is eating even less variety than he was which means he really will only eat chicken nuggets or hot dogs for lunch and dinner. He would prefer to eat cookies and chocolate milk if I let him. It is one thing he can control and he knows it. It's really hard for me to see him get so upset and sometimes I just can't hold him b/c the baby needs to be fed or Brady's blood sugar needs to be checked. He sort of gets the short end of the attention stick. I try to spend some alone time with him when Aaron is home on the weekends and that really does help. But three days is just not long enough to be a cohesive family. Thank goodness we only have to do it for another 5 weeks or so.

The other good fortune we had this month was that my brother came up from San Francisco to visit. We hadn't seen him since Halloween and he hadn't seen Jillian yet so it was great to see him again. He was such a good Uncle by feeding Jillian when we were trying to get the house picked up for a potential buyer to see , pushing the boys on the zip line at Howard Amon park, and riding the inner tube with Brady twice in a very cold snake river. Thanks again Dave.

This next couple weeks will be fun b/c we get the pleasure of having my nieces from California stay with us. Brady is so excited that every morning for the last week he wakes up and runs into my room and says "only 4 more sleeps until Hannah and Hailey come. I've actually been pretty impressed that he's kept count correctly. Well, I'm getting summoned outside to play so I better go. Have a great 4th everyone! Here's a picture of Brady and Jillian I took this morning, there's more on facebook!

2 comments:

allison said...

Those two look so much alike! I love it. Glad to hear you're surviving and getting closer to being in your new home. Can't wait to see pics!

C.J. and Jen said...

Yay for the update! How's the house stuff coming? I seriously can not believe you can juggle an infant, two little boys, building a house, moving, and having company...all while your husband is away during the week. Kim, you're amazing.