Since I've recently been recording my conversations with Brady, I thought I might write down one I had with Ryker the other night since he's getting more and more verbal everyday.
He and I were laying in my bed while Aaron was putting Brady to sleep in his room and we were lying there very quietly when all of a sudden he stood up and said:
"Mommy, you check Brady's blood sugar?"
He had never asked me this before so I was a little surprised but I said:
"Yes, I already checked Brady's blood sugar, thanks for asking."
It sort of struck me that Ryker is so aware of us checking Brady's blood sugar. He does have to deal with us giving Brady a lot of attention when it comes to checking his blood sugar and messing with his pump and now that I look back on it, he's really very patient with all the blood sugar checks and pump changes b/c I can't always give him everything he needs when I'm being the diabetes nurse for Brady. So thanks for being so understanding of your brothers disease Ryker. And for loving him so much that you cared enough to ask if his blood sugar had been tested before he went to bed. I love you little man.
2 comments:
So stinking sweet! I'm surprised your pregnant self didn't cry.
Awesome! I think one of the highlights of parenting is watching them develop their relationship as siblings. What a sweet little brother!
Post a Comment