Brady and I had a very sweet little chat in the car the other day, here's how it went down:
Brady: I wish we could get a camper.
Me: So do I buddy, maybe we could ask Santa.
Brady: Oh no Mommy. A camper is too big for Santa to put in his sleigh.
Me: Oh man, but I really want a camper.
Brady: I know Mommy, but your just going to have to wait and be patient.
Me: But I want one now Brady.
Brady: We'll get one soon Mommy. Daddy will make lot's of money at work and then we can buy one.
Me: But that'll take a while, I want one now.
Brady: Oh Mommy, your just going to have to wait. I know it's hard to wait, but it won't be long.
Me: Well, alright.
Then there is silence for a while but I can tell he's thinking about something b/c he's picking at his lips in deep concentration.
Brady: Well Mommy, I bet Santa could just bring us one of those campers that fold up and then he could fit it in his sleigh.
Priceless. I love 4 years old.
On a crappier note: We got to take the kids to a movie this morning b/c Aaron's company rents out the local theater and gives everyone a $5 dollar coupon for popcorn and soda. So I had to basically get the kids out of bed and put them in the car without breakfast, so I called Aaron and asked him to get us some donuts to eat at the theater.
We got to the theater and sat down and both boys were really excited b/c we rarely go to the movies b/c it's so stinking expensive. Ryker is bouncing in his seat and then slides off his chair to stand up. The seat springs back and then swings and hits Ryker in the butt and shoots him into the seat in front of him where he smashes his face. The damage done is a really good cut lip, blood gushing everywhere, and a very upset 2 year old. This is all in the first 5 minutes that we're at the theater.
Not to be dramatic, but this sh*t always happens to us. Last July we stayed in a hotel for the 4th of july in Portland, just so that we could go swimming and get out of the 100 degree heat and Brady wound up slipping in the tub and chipping his tooth, cutting his lip, and killing his other tooth. A year and a half ago we were at a wedding in Yakima when Ryker tripped over the photographer and bit a whole through his top lip. I am seriously shocked the neither of these two have had to have stitches.
Oh well, life's a bitch, but it could be worse. I think that's our family motto. Well, that and "if we didn't have bad luck, we wouldn't have any luck at all."
1 comment:
Kim, you crack me up! Love the story about the camper. That was quite clever of him!
Post a Comment