Saturday, February 11, 2012

Memory Loss

Ugghhhh. Sigh. It's my birthday again. Forgive me for not jumping for joy, but I'm not super excited about getting older. I looked in the mirror today and although I don't have any grey hair yet, it wasn't pretty. The years of little sleep and zero anti-wrinkle cream applications have taken it's tole on the ol' face. How can some women look better in the 30's and 40's?? Will someone please explain this to me! Does it cost an outrageous amount of money or something or is it some sort of optical illusion?

The other thing that I've lost a firm grasp on is my short term memory. Dude...it is gone. My husband just stands with his mouth gaping open at some of the crap I forget in such a short amount of time. It's amazing my children haven't been left in the supermarket yet.

Amazingly I still have a pretty good long term memory. I can actually remember every birthday since I turned 19. Not too shabby. So here's the list, as I remember it anyway:

1999: My first year in college and my roommate threw me my first surprise party complete with cotton candy and pizza. Awesome.

2000: Aaron and I had been dating for a couple months and he planed a romantic dinner with champagne and strawberries. What a guy!

2001: My 21st birthday wasn't a big raging party, which is just the way I wanted it. We went to a couple parties and then Aaron and I went to a little mexican resturant in Pullman with two of his best friends. His friends bought me a flaming mexican flag shot and it was very memorable, and hot.

2002: This birthday was right after Aaron and I got engaged and we decided to go home to my parents and just have a nice quiet dinner with my folks.

2003: This was my first birthday after we got married, but we were still going to school so we went over to Aaron's folks for dinner but left before I could finish my steak due to a unfortunate arguement between Aaron and another family member. Ahhh, good times. I was just really bummed that I didn't get to finish my steak.

2004: We were living in Mississippi that year and a friend of mine from work invited us to go to Tuscaloosa with her and her boyfriend to a fun Benihana type resturante for dinner. It was fun, the food was good, and we drank too much. I remember being really nervous that they wouldn't let us back on base b/c we were so drunk.

2005: I was pregnant with Brady and had to work late for my asshole boss while he kissed some clients ass. But Aaron and I had a great dinner and I had steak and he had Mahi Mahi Tuna.

2006: Brady was 8 months old and we went to our favorite mexican resturant in Great Falls, Montana "Maria's"

2007: I got the best birthday present of all that year b/c it was the year Ryker was born 6 days before my birthday. My sister also flew all the way up from California with Hannah to visit Ryker and I. Priceless.

2008: We we're living in Pasco this time and I remember I was working that day and my Mom bought me dinner from Outback and also brought me a giant chocolate cake from Costco.

2009: repeat of 2008

2010: I was pregnant with Jilly and we again had a repeat of 2008, but we also went to go so one of the "Bourne" movies.

2011: Aaron's family came to visit and we all went to Levanworth to have lunch and walk around. Good fun.

This year Aaron and I will be going to dinner in Moses Lake with some friends but it will not be until Valentines Day. We are also going to see the new movie "This Means War" I know for damn sure that I will be having steak and chocolate cake!

No comments: