Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Bovine Hilarity

Tonight I was upstairs watching tv by myself, having a little quiet time while the boys played a monster truck game with their Daddy on the xbox. Quiet time never lasts very long b/c they all figure out I'm gone as soon as one of them wants something. I still haven't quite figured out why they don't ask Aaron for whatever they want but they always seem to conclude that the best way to get what they want in a timely manner is to come all the way up the stairs and ask me for whatever it is they just have to have, i.e. food or something to drink or sometimes to wipe their butt.

Anyhow, it took Brady about 5 min. to figure out I was gone. I had been watching Larry the Cable guy's show on the history channel and he was doing to segment on impregnating cows. Brady walked in just as they had the cows head locked in the shoot and then they showed Larry with a long plastic glove on. This is the conversation we immediatly had after Brady stood there for a minute with his mouth open.

Brady: Mom, are they gonna cut that cows head off?

Mom: Uh, no. They are going to breed it bud.

Brady: Oh, why does the cow need help to breath?

Mom: No not "breath" breed. It means they are going to put a baby calf into the mommy cows tummy.

Brady: Oh are they going to put the baby in the cow's butt?

Mom: yup, more or less.

Brady: (with a smile) Oh so that's why that guy has a glove on huh b/c cow butts are gross and he doesn't want to get his shirt dirty.

I love how a six year olds mind works. Absolute hilarity.

No comments: