Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Babies and hand guns

After school yesterday our sweet little neighbor girls came over to play with the boys. And as usual they play this game they call "family". It consists of Brady and Carli as well as Ryker and Jenna being husband and wife and then they pick out several of our stuffed animals to be their "kids". Each "kid" has a name and the kids use their imagination so well when playing this game that they call each other honey. It's so freaking adorable. After a while Carli came in and asked where our pop guns were. I told her and she took them outside for her and Brady. Later Ryker came in and said "Is this the weapon and baby store? Because I need a weapon and a baby." Hmm....So I went outside with my camera to capture what was going on outside. Apparently the couples were having to protect their babies from the bear aka Moose. Moose didn't really seem to understand why the kids were running around him and pointing their guns at him, so he just layed down in the grass and watched the kids play. I really love how boys and girls can play so well together at this age and use their imaginations. I am so thankful that Brady and Ryker have best friends right next door. I hope they stay friends for a long time but I know as they grow older their relationships will change and hopefully they will come to realize that in todays world the least of their worries will be remembering their hand gun before they go out to protect those babies from bears.

No comments: