The city of Ephrata is making history. Not huge history, but big history if you are a fan of Babe Ruth Baseball. This year Ephrata will be hosting the Babe Ruth World Series for 16-18 year olds. This is a pretty big deal for our little town because we are the smallest town to ever host a BR World Series.
So after hearing this news Aaron and I thought it would be fun to be a host family for two of the boys from the ten teams that will be coming to our little town from all over the United States. We knew our boys would love it. We get to have the boys for 10 days and Brady and Ryker are so excited to hang out with the older boys. When I first spoke with the director of the tournament I told her that we would love to have any of the kids that may have Type 1 diabetes. We thought it would be great for Brady to see an older kid with the disease that plays a top level sport.
Two days ago I spoke with the director again and she said that we would have two boys from Puyallup but none of them had diabetes. We were a little bummed but it wasn't too big of a deal. Then she called yesterday and said that she could place a kid with diabetes with us from an Iowa team but that we would have to take two other boys from his team too. Three teenage boys!!! Yowza. I didn't even think twice I said yes immediatly. After I called Aaron and told him the good news, he said "How the Hell are you going to take three teenage boys plus our three monsters in your car to all those games??" (my car only seats 6) Honestly I didn't really even think about it. I was just so excited to have a baseball player with diabetes that it sort of slipped my mind. We will figure something out about the car issue, hopefully these boys are really big.
As for now I going to stock up on food b/c I can't really remember how much teenage boys eat. So far I've got gatorade, white bread, and I will be getting a lot of cereal. I'm sort of glad we didn't get kids from the South because for the life of me I can not fry chicken or make grits!
1 comment:
How fun!!! Good for you!
Post a Comment