As usual the moment I get home with the kids from the store everyone needed ten different things done for them. Brady had to poop, Jillian was screaming her head off because she was hungry,(which prompted the trip to the store in the first place because I had zero formula left) and Ryker was upset that he couldn't get the lid back on the bottle of water I had bought for him. As I was trying to wash a bottle and open the new formula I asked Brady to put the ice cream I had bought in the freezer so it wouldn't melt. I finished making the bottle and sat down with Jilly to try to put her to sleep so I could eat some lunch at the fashionable hour of 2:30.
Cut to 3:30. I was again making some food for Jilly and Brady comes in the kitchen to ask me for some of the new ice cream we got. I said sure and he opened up the freezer but the ice cream wasn't there. He said "oops Mommy, I put the ice cream in the fridge instead of the freezer." A little frustrated I sighed and said "Brady why did you do that?"
Brady then said "Well jeez Mom, I was distracted. Just like you were when you ran that red light that the police man gave you the ticket for."
Ouch. I had to laugh, but it sure does taste bad when your 5 year old throws stuff like that right back in your face.
On a more positive note, I made Jilly some homemade baby food yesterday for the first time and fed her some today. She honestly said "mmmmm" as in mmmmm that's good. Ok Ok, mmmmm isn't really a stretch for her, but it still made me feel pretty good.
1 comment:
Ok. That is hilarious!
Post a Comment