Since Jillian is now a month old (holy crap, a month already!) I though I would write down a few fun facts about her. Because God knows I won't remember the things she's up to now a few months down the road. Here it goes:
-She sleeps so much better than either of the boys. She actually takes naps that last a couple hours, which makes it so much easier to get things done around the house.
-She sleeps pretty well at night, as long as I can get a few burps out of her before I lay her down. If not, she'll wiggle and boogie like she's on Dancing with the Stars.
-Speaking of gas, she can toot with the best of them. And she toots loud. This is secretly my favorite thing about her because I can't help but laugh every time she does it. The boys think it's pretty funny too.
-If you haven't already noticed she does have dark skin like Brady. This really surprised me b/c I thought Brady's dark skin was such an anomaly that it would never happen twice. I was wrong. Aaron and I must have some dark skin genes in there somewhere. The jury is still out on her eye color, they're still grey at this point. I'm still not sure if she'll have dark hair like Brady or light hair like Ryker. I'm guessing dark hair.
-She only poops once or twice a day, and usually in the mornings. Not sure if this is a good thing or bad thing. This is probably why she toots so much.
-She generally drinks about 2oz at a time but at night before she wants to go to sleep for the night she'll eat two or three 2oz bottles in a row. I call it cluster eating.
-The little stinker won't take a binky. I've tried like 5 different ones and she won't take any of them. Some people would say that this is a good thing but she likes to suck to fall asleep which is probably why she wants two or three bottles before bed.
-Her big toe nails are shaped like triangles.
-She's also the first baby of mine to not have any major skin issues like eczema or baby acne. She does have pretty dry skin, but that's pretty fixable.
-She loves to take showers with me, she is so calm just laying in my arms.
-She isn't thrilled about the carseat, but if she falls alseep in the car then we don't have too many issues.
-Her brothers love her so much and they always want to hold her. Brady will even feed her for me, which helps me get a few things done.
-I still look at her every morning and can't believe how lucky I am to have two wonderful little boys and a baby girl. I really am a lucky mama.
And if you're wondering, I'm doing fine. Still taking all my heart medicine, but I saw my cardiologist last week and he said things sounded good and that we would do another ultra sound on my heart in another few weeks to see if the damage has repaired itself yet and then he might take me off of some of the medicine I take. I will probably have to keep taking the metopolol which is a beta blocker that basically blocks adrenaline to my heart. This was the problem in the first place. Too much adrenaline to my heart from too much anxiety, not stress really. The kids don't stress me out, it's just I worry way too much. I worry about my health and the kids health. I come from a long line of worriers, so it really isn't a huge shock. It's really more like obsessive worrying. So I'm on the beta blocker as well as some other heart medicines as well as a anti-anxiety medicine which has helped me sleep so much better. Before it would take me more than an hour to fall asleep and then when I woke up to check Brady it would take me another hour to fall back asleep, and when you get up every two hours, you don't get a whole lot of sleep to begin with. I love sleeping well, that on it's own has helped me so much. So as for our living situation, we're still in Pasco. Aaron's staying up in Quincy during the week and coming home on the weekends. My Mom stays with me during the week. I have so many doctors appts. that we figured it would just be easier for us to do it this way for a few months until our house is done in Ephrata. It won't be done until Sept. 1, so we're here for the summer.
Ok, Jillian is starting to wake up, so I better wrap this up. Thanks again everyone for the support and offers of help.
2 comments:
I'm glad you're enjoying her! Can't wait to hear more about the house. You'll have to keep us posted. Hang in there, Kim. You're a great mommy!!
Kim, hooray for the update! I am so so glad to hear that things are going well for you. And it sounds like you have one good baby on your hands. What a blessing! I, too, can't wait to hear about the house. And since I know you have so much spare time on your hands, how 'bout a few more pics of your girl? I'm just dying to see her! Miss you!
Post a Comment