Tuesday, March 30, 2010

In less than 24 hours....

In less than 24 hours I will be the mother of a little girl. It seems so crazy to say that. It's something I've always wanted. I dreamed of having two boys and a little girl, but never expected to actually have my wish come true. I feel so lucky that I get the opportunity to raise two boys and a girl. I have a great relationship with my Mom and can't wait to have a similiar one with my daughter.

I'm not worried about adding one more to our family. It was much more nerve racking when we added Ryker to our family only b/c I was worried about not giving Brady enough attention after Ryker came b/c he was still a baby himself at 19 1/2 months old. But it all worked out. I'm not worried about giving the boys enough attention now after their baby sister comes home. They are going to have to learn to be patient which is not exactly in their vocabulary at this point, but we've been working on it. I think Ryker will have a little more trouble with it than Brady, but that's to be expected.

Actually the things that are weighing on my mind right now aren't really the kids but it's what our living situation will be in the next few months. Since Aaron starts his new job in Quincy on the 12th of April we've been scrambling to find a house to rent. We went to Ephrata last weekend and the rent up there is crazy. A 2400 sq foot split level is like 1500 bucks a month to rent. And it had no yard. Aaron's going over again this weekend to look at a few places. He would be much happier if I would just let him buy and RV for us to live in for the next six months, but I told him that he would certainly have to sleep with one eye open if he made me live in a cramped camper with two toddlers and a newborn without a dishwaser or washer and dryer for the next six months.

I haven't unpacked all the baby clothes yet, b/c I know they are just going to have to be packed up again. It's a little unnerving to say the least. On top of all this, we've decided to build a house in Ephrata since we'll be there for a while and Aaron would like us to be the our own General Contractors on the house. This was totally cool with me when I thought we would be doing this in the Tri-Cities. I don't know any sub-contractors in Ephrata and have more than a little anxiety about finding reputable concrete and framing guys in a town I've never lived in. Not to mention that I would be the one managing everything from day to day while trying to cart around three kids while doing it. Yikes. But I know we would save a lot of money doing it this way. We have to find a lot first, which hasn't been the easiest thing to do either. I'm trying to remind myself to just tackle this situation one step at a time. First have the baby, then find a place to rent, then find a lot, then find subcontractors, and so on and so on.

Then I just need to remember to breath.

2 comments:

allison said...

Oh, Kim! You've got your hands full! It'll all work out.... Just get through tomorrow. So excited to hear about her (and see pictures)!

C.J. and Jen said...

Kim, I am soooo excited for you. I'll be thinking of you and praying for you. Can't believe you get to meet your sweet little girl so soon! If anyone can handle all of that, it's you. You're an amazing mama! Enjoy your big day tomorrow!