8:30 a.m.: The boys generally wake up at this time and we come downstairs. I check Brady's blood sugar, get Ryker a sippie cup of milk and Brady usually jumps into some type of activity either involving his trains or cars.
9:00 a.m.: I make Ryker some cinnamon toast and I pick up the kitchen a little.
9:30 a.m.: I make Brady some breakfast, usually cereal and enter the carb intake
into\s pump.
9:45 a.m.: I make myself some toast and watch the end of the NBC news.
10:00 a.m.: I hustle the kids upstairs and put a movie on while I jump in the shower. I yell at them at least five times to stop jumping on the bed.
10:02 a.m.:
I get out of the shower b/c Brady decides that it's a good time to go poopy on the potty.
10:03 a.m.: I get back in the shower to rinse out my hair.
10:10 a.m.: I get out of the shower, brush my teeth, brush the kids teeth, put make-up on, do my hair (which consists of me putting it up in a pony tail),get dressed, and put a little laundry away.
11:00a.m.: Come back downstairs and get the boys socks, shoes, and jackets on to go take a walk and get the mail.
12:00a.m.: I put a movie on for the kids while I get lunch started and put dishes away and into the dishwasher.
12:30: I check Brady's blood sugar and give the boys they're lunch which is either, chicken nuggets, pb&j sandwiches, or taquitos. And always some fruit of some kind. Then it's time to calculate the carbs and enter them in to Brady's pump.
1:00 p.m.: I make myself some lunch and try to eat it without having to share it with two little beggers.
1:15 p.m.: Clean up lunch and try to put my feet up a bit while the kids play with they're toys.
1:45 p.m.: I put Ryker down for his nap and Brady and I got outside to play. Brady usually rides his bike, tractor or four-wheeler.
3:00p.m.: I coax Brady into the house and let him watch "word world" and "martha speaks" on PBS. I check his blood sugar and he usually has a snack. I check my e-mail and favorite blogs. Sometimes Brady will fall asleep, but naps are pretty non-exsistent for him at this point.
4:00 p.m.: Ryker wakes up and I give him some milk and a snack. I get the boys shoes and socks back on so we can go back out to play.
5:30 p.m.: I get the boys back in the house but not without a fight so that I can make dinner. Aaron usually gets home around this time.
6:00 p.m.: I check Brady's blood sugar and we eat dinner. We figure out the carbs and Aaron and I usually talk about how Brady's blood sugars were that day and if we need to make any changes.
6:30p.m.: I clean up dinner and if it's a site change night we have to take Brady's needle out of his arm or where ever it is and Aaron fills a new resovoir with insulin and we find a new site for the needle. Before we put the new site in we give the boys a bath. We don't do baths every night b/c the tape on Brady's site won't make it the three days it needs to if it gets wet that often.
7:30: We put Brady's new site in and bribe him with suckers.
7:45: We try to read to the boys and brush they're teeth every night, but hey, we're no where near perfect. I'm not even sure if we're in the same time zone as perfect. But we do our best.
8:30 p.m.: We all crawl in to our bed and put a kid friendly movie in to relax and snuggle. The kids usually jump on the bed for the first 20 minutes of the movie but oh well.
9:30 p.m.: We turn the t.v. off and check Brady's blood sugar. We either give him a snack or a correction depending on the number. I put Ryker in his bed while Brady falls asleep in our bed. I'm way to paraniod to have Brady sleep in his own bed b/c my biggest fear is that his blood sugar might get really low at night and he could pass out in his sleep and go into a coma or have a sezuire. He makes suttle movements in his sleep whether or not his blood sugar is going high or low that I've sort or learned to pick out.
10:00 p.m.: I put Ryker back in his bed after letting him cry for 20 minutes.
10:15p.m.: I again put Ryker back in his bed.
10:45 p.m.: I go in to Ryker's room and lay down with him for a while and he finally falls asleep.
11:00 p.m.: I either check Brady's blood sugar if he needed a correction before he fell asleep or if he had active insulin in his body to make sure he won't go low. I then try to fall asleep.
11:45p.m.: I finally fall asleep.
2:00 a.m.: If it's a good night I will only check him now and then again and 6:30a.m. I also go in to check Ryker and make sure he has some covers on him.
6:30a.m.: Check Brady again and check and make sure Ryker has covers on him.
8:30 a.m.: And it starts all over!
Ok, there it is and here are some springy pictures of the boys. Enjoy.
3 comments:
Love the play by play...you crack me up!
Kim, you are too funny!
Seriously, I miss you guys! I love Brady's tractor.
Post a Comment