Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Not much to blog about............

Well, I haven't blogged in a while because I can't think of anything to blog about. So I guess I'll just fill you all in on what we've been up to these past few weeks.

Last weekend we drove to St. Maries, Idaho to visit Aaron's family. The boys did pretty good in the car thanks to the DVD players. They tend to get a little cranky about 15 minutes until we get there. We arrived around 9:00 pm on friday night and the boys were pretty excited to be there. Brady loves his Papa Rod and Ryker is starting to be a lot less shy around Aaron's family than before, hopefully it means he's remembering who they are.

Brady and I went to bed around 11:30, but Aaron and Ryker didn't come in until around 1 am and Ryker fought going to sleep in the pack n play but finally fell asleep after 20 minutes or so. It's always an interesting night with all four of us in a small room with the dog at the foot of the bed. Oh well, we had a good time. Brady got to ride Papa's four wheeler with his Daddy and on Papa's Kabota. He also snuck in to Papa's logging truck and got inside and turned the lights on. How he climbed all the way up in to the cab of the logging truck is beyond me, but I will be sure to watch him a little closer next time we're up there.

Ryker's average bed time the whole time we were up there was probably midnight. He's still not going to bed at a reasonable time, last night I put him down at 9:45 and he didn't fall asleep until 11:00. He's a night owl. Man this post is a little boring isn't it.

Well, to finish this boring post, we did get some good news. Brady had an appt. and Childrens hospital in Spokane with his diabetes doc and his A1c (his average blood sugar over 3 months)was down from 8.5 to 7.8% which is really good. When the doc first told us this I was a little worried that he was going to tell us that Brady was having to many lows, but he only had 8% lows and he's only supposed to have around 10% lows. His highs were at around 43% and those need to be lower than 50%. So he said we were doing great. He actually said that Brady's blood sugar was very near a child without diabetes and he doesn't suspect Brady will have any diabetes related complications such as loss of vision or nerve damage. Awesome news. The sleepless night have payed off. The doc actually wants us to not be as tight with his blood sugars. Our main concern is Brady getting low, so we're trying to be careful. He's actually had two great nights in a row and I've only had to wake up once to check him. It feels so good to get 4 hours of straight sleep. I forgot how good it felt.

Work is going to be really slow for me this month so my plan is to get some spring cleaning done. My Mom came today and helped me clean bathrooms. It's really satisfying getting organized and clean. I love it, I wish I had more time to do it. Alright, I'll stop boring you to death. And here's a picture to for the hell of it.

2 comments:

Erin said...

That's really great news about Brady! I'm glad you're finally getting some sleep, too. You guys are doing an amazing job. I'm liking Ryker, he sounds like my little trickster, Ashlynn. He keeps things interesting, no doubt! Wish I could get some good cleaning done, but I wish more that Spring was actually here!

The Coombs' said...

This IS good news. You are a great mom! Ya, it's hard to spring clean when it feels like spring will NEVER END! I'll get around to it sometime too.