Thursday, February 12, 2009

My birhtday and the beef I have with the Lowe's manager.

So as many of you know I had a birthday this past Wednesday and thank you all for the well wishes. I had a pretty good day. My Mom came over around 12:30 so I could go to work. So right now my company is constructing a building for the state attorney general offices. I'm basically just the purchasing manager for the job, which means I have to order everything from toilet partitions, grab bars for the bathrooms, to blinds for the windows. This day I had to purchase a dishwasher, plastic corners for the walls, and a few blinds. After about an hour in the store I had everything I needed and I was ready to check out and get back to the job site. I needed to put everything on our business account b/c my business card is more for little things here and there not large ticket items. For some reason, my name isn't on our business account yet, but it has never been a problem at the Pasco Lowe's b/c I've been there so much and spent thousands of dollars there purchasing things for work. So I really didn't see it being an issue here at the Kennewick store. Wrongo. The checkout gal was really nice, but she needed the manager to OK me putting the merchandise on our business account. Well, this manager was the type of person that was probably bullied in high school or made fun of and would take an opportunity be a real asshole to someone like me. She was definitely a Ms. "follow the rules all the time" type of person. She said she wouldn't allow me to put the stuff on our business account even after I told her that I had done it many times at the Pasco Lowe's. She said "well they shouldn't have done that, they could really get in trouble. All you need to do is have your office manager fax us a signed piece of paper to add you on to our list. How do I know that you really work for Shamrock Constructors? We could get in a lot of trouble if you didn't and you were trying to steal this stuff." Yeah b/c I really look like a friggin criminal you crazy lunatic. So I just got frustrated and said "Fine, fine, I'll just put it on my Shamrock Constructors business card. If I didn't work for the company then why do I have a credit card that says Shamrock Constructors on it with my name printed on it." I was getting a little pissy at this point. I mean come on, I'm spending over $700 at your store, the least you could do is let me spend it the way I want to. So I left in a huff and called our office manager to let her know what happened. She's a real tough broad so I knew she would handle it, and she did. When I came back to the store to pick up the dishwasher the gal that handles all business credit accounts came over to me and apologized about 20 times and so did the head cashier. I was a little embarrassed at this point, but shit, it really pissed me off. The only one that didn't apologize was the manager b/c she probably still thought I was a thief. Crazy woman. After that I finished up at work and came home to the boys and my Mom. We then went and ordered steak from Outback to take home and then went to Costco to get one of those huge chocolate cakes. I've always wanted one, but I was shocked when I picked it up b/c it was so heavy. I looked at the label and it said it was 7lbs. Holy calories Batman. I was really curious to know how many carbs were in the whole cake. It's sort of a game I like to play. One you get good at after having a kid with diabetes. We calculated that it had well over 1000 carbs in the whole cake. Jeez Louise! It was really good and so was the steak. My Mom got me a couple movies that I had really wanted and I got to talk to my sister and sister-in-law on the phone. We had given Brady the right amount of carbs for the cake so I was pretty stoked about that. Lovely evening to a pretty good birthday, even if Lowe's employs a crazy, lunatic, Ms. "always follows the rules" bitch. Sorry, I really tried to keep the bad words to a minimum. Just be thankful that I didn't write the story like I really told it to Aaron. Your eye's would be burning from the number of bad words that could have been written, believe me. So to make up for the bad words, here's a really goofy picture of me blowing out the candles on my cake that Aaron took.

No comments: