Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cali Trip

Our California trip went pretty well all things considering. Our flight going down was a little late and the boys were so anxious that they got a little cranky before we took off, but they both did really well. The next day Brady woke up with a fever and a blood sugar of 505. His PFAPA fever had returned after almost six months, but thankfully it was much shorter than normal and only lasted about a day and a half. His temp never went above 102 degree's, nothing compared to a normal high of 104. He had high blood sugars all last week which is pretty normal for him right after a fever. For some reason he seems to grow at a faster rate after his fevers and he eats non-stop. The boys had a great time with they're cousins and it was really good for them to be around other adults besides Aaron, my Mom, and I. Thankfully my brother-in-laws parents were also there helping my sister move into her new house and Grandma and Grandpa DeOchoa did alot to help out, everything from watching the kids to cooking dinner.

We got to do lots of fun things like take lots of bike rides to the park and go to the beach. The best thing for Brady and Ryker is when we got to go to Train Town in Sonoma. They had a blast and Brady of course cried when we had to leave. I couldn't believe how brave he was on all the carnival rides. My favorite part was getting to see the HGTV 2009 Dream Home that was built in Sonoma. I entered the contest but of course didn't win. It's a beautiful two-story victorian home. You should google it. The boys did really well on the flight back and we we're all glad to see Aaron. Things are pretty much back to normal around here. I just started reading the Twilight books after trying to avoid them. I actually liked the book. I didn't like the movie as much as the book, but that's always the case. What I liked about the book was that it had sexual tension without being overly sexual. That's a pretty big feat in these days. Well, I will stop rambling on, hope all is well with everyone else.

2 comments:

allison said...

So glad you survived the trip! It sounds like it was well worth the effort. I hope Brady is back to himself and you're getting a bit of a break.

The Coombs' said...

I can't believe Brady hadn't had a fever for 6 months! That is so great. And I'm so glad you liked Twilight! Keep reading, you have to read them all, the last bood is the best.