Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The Linehans' goings on





Well, I haven't posted for a while b/c I couldn't think of anything to write about. Then last night, I had a million things I wanted to say and I couldn't sleep b/c I was writing things to say over and over in my head. The things I wanted to say had a lot of swear words in them, so I will spare you. And I can't even remember what I was so frustrated with. I think it was work, Brady's diabetes, and so on and so on. So I'm obviously over it and I've decided to write about how dang funny my kids are. Last time I wrote about Brady and this time I think it's Rykers turn.

Ryker is a blankie boy. He loves both of his blankies dearly and insists on having them both at all times. If he's feeling tired or cranky he just curls up with both of his blankies and likes to lay on the stairs. The reason he has two blankies is b/c last year on his birthday my Mom got him a really nice soft blanket from pottery barn. One side is soft, long chamoise, and the other side is like a soft velvet with a silk trim. After about six months I noticed the blankets chamois wasn't that soft anymore, it was pilling and the silk trim was shredding. I called pottery barn and after much hassel they said that they would replace the blanket if I returned the original one in the same box. They said that they would include a return label and I could take it to any fed-ex or ups and they would send if for free. I did this and took it to fed-ex and got denied. I then dropped it off at ups, again denied. So I tried calling potterybarn about it and got put on hold for 15 minutes. As any of you mom's know this is not what you want to be doing while your kids are screaming around you. So I gave up and just gave Ryker the old ratty blanket. He doesn't seem to mind. He loves them both equally.

The other thing Ryker loves to do is lay on the floor or a pillow, or my bed and play with his cars and trains. I don't get why he likes to lay down and do it, but he does. It's really funny. He's such a funny little guy. So anyhow, that's all that's going on here. Hope all is well with you all.

1 comment:

C.J. and Jen said...

Super cute pics, Kim! And I'm glad somebody else has a child who likes his blanky!