Ryker and my Mom the day we brought him home from the hospital.
My sister-in-law tagged me on facebook and wanted me to write 25 random things about myself, but I couldn't even thing of one. So I decided to write 10 things my mother taught me. So here it goes.
1. You'll feel better if you eat something.(This may only apply to me though b/c I tend to get a little hypoglycemic at times)
2. Even if it seems totally ridiculous it's probably the right decision. ( I don't know how many times I've been in that place where I've needed to make a tough decision and the right decision has always been the one that seemed the most wrong one. For example: Choosing to got to WSU and major in Interior Design. I did not want to go to WSU b/c I didn't like the campus and for gosh sakes I grew up a Huskie, but she was right and I wound up loving it.
3. The woman is always optimistic and I think I've inherited that characteristic.
4. How to cook, although I'm not as good as she is, she has taught me how to make a mean lasagna, chocolate chip cookies, meatloaf, hamburger pie, and a few other things.
5. Stand up for what you believe.
6. It's ok to ask for help, it doesn't mean your an idiot.
7. It's important to tell your children you love them any chance you get and hug them any chance you get.
8. Don't push your kids too hard, they will figure out who they are eventually.
9. That it is important to clean your house before company comes.
10. Life can throw you some whoppers and there may not be a whole lot of people that think your stellar, but that's no reason you can't be happy and successful. The only person you need to beleive in you is you.
11. Make your kids birthday's a big deal.
Ok, so that's eleven, but who's really counting. I would love to see what everyone else's Mom has taught them. :)
3 comments:
Your mother is very wise! She could teach a lot of people in this world a lesson!
Thanks for sharing, Kim. re: #4 -- You forgot to include canned tuna in your list of meals!
Thank heavens for moms. I don't know what I'd do with out mine. That would be a fun post, maybe I'll do it tomorrow!
Oh,I saw a guy in the store today that looked EXACTLY like your Dad...it was creepy!
Post a Comment