The age of three is a wonderful age full of imagination, independence, and conversation. Brady has totally mastered the age of three and is currently on the down hill toward 4, and taking it in strides. Aaron and I always comment on how cool it is to have full conversation with Brady and the stuff the comes out of his mouth is almost always hilarious.
My sister told me the other day that they have some friends with young kids and they always keep a notepad in a kitchen drawer just to write down the funny things they say. I wish I was more organized and actually did that, because as I sit here, I know Brady has said some whoppers, but the only one I can remeber is the one funny thing he said the other day.
Brady and I were walking in to the kitchen to get a snack and I noticed that the drawer to the stove had been left open (probably by my almost 2 year old) so I kicked it closed with my foot a little harder than I intended. Brady immediatly said "Mommy! That is not allowed, you dumbass..." I stood there with my mouth open for a bit and then tried not to laugh. I of course told him that was not the way to talk to his mother or anybody else for the matter. He said "ok mommmy" and went on his way. I called Aaron to tell him what his son had just said. For a while I didn't hear anything on the other end of the line, b/c Aaron was trying to laugh quietly so no one else in his office would hear him. He said "I'm laughing so hard my eyes are watering." I told him that we really needed to watch what we say around him, not that we go around calling each other dumb ass, but I know I use it a little too often when talking about other people who I'm sure deserve the title.
I know this is only the beginning. He repeadelty makes us call him George (after Curious George), or Thomas (Thomas Train) or Jumpy Squirrel (a friend of Georges') This is all fine and dandy, for now. I does get a little old though when I can't even talk about him to my Mom without being corrected that he is not Brady, he is George, or who ever else he decided to be that day.
I love that he can dream up make-believe trains that chase us around the house. Today we ran from "Bonky Diesel". Don't ask me where he got that name from. Or when he comes in to the kitchen and says "Mommy look at the horsey, do you want to pet the horsey?" So I oblige and pet the invisible horse.
I really makes me wonder what Aaron and I were like at this age. I know from stories that I was always moving, but other than that, I don't recall any stories about me being very imaginative. Anyhow, he just came over to me and asked me to make him a Bonkey Diesel with tracks. How the heck am I going to pull that one off?
2 comments:
Oh my goodness, that certainly gave me a good laugh. It is SO fun to watch them grow. I can't wait until Owen can express those sorts of things!
Oh, Kim! I can hear you saying "dumbass", but I can only imagine it coming from him! Too funny! For what it's worth, Oliver had even named his knees Pongo and Perdy for a while. The best part is that just when you've got it figured out (eg; He's "Thomas" today), it changes. You gotta love kids....
Post a Comment