We went to my parents new house on the 23rd and the kids got to help me decorate Grandma's tree (which means the tree wasn't exactly to my liking, but the kids had a good time helping) and the boys got to go with Papa Doug down to the train depot and run some of his trains left over from Toy Train Christmas. They had a blast. While the boys were with my Dad, my Mom and I made cookies with Jilly and we had a great time making a mess. She's pretty good with those sprinkles.
Christmas Eve was pretty low-key. We just got pizza's from Papa Murphey's and my Mom and I sat down and watched "It's a wonderful Life" after dinner. I put Jilly to bed and let the boys watch Santa's progress on Google Maps, they were beyond excited for Santa to come.
Christmas morning was all that I had hoped it would be for my kids. They loved every gift they got. They each got a gift that I made, a book, a stuffed animal, a toy from Santa, and we got all three of them radio flyer trikes for Christmas. I made Jilly a Yo Gabba Gabba blanket and the boys Transformer pillow cases with little pockets sewn into them to put a transformer in at night to sleep with. One of my favorite things Santa brought the kids were the stuffed animals. He knew to bring Jilly a Foofa doll because it's her favorite Yo Gabba Gabba character and he knew Ryker would love a Pascal from the movie "Tangled", and Brady got a monkey named Pumpernickle. Pumpernickle is special because he has diabetes too and also wears a pump. You can change Pumpernickles site just like Brady's and he wears a pump in a pump pack too. Pumpernickle's site can be changed to four or five different places on his little body and stays on using a magnet in the pump infusion set. It's so cute to see Brady change pumpernickle's site to the same place his site is on his body. That little boy just melts my heart.
We weren't able to put the boys' trikes together until we got back to our house yesterday and once we did it was dark out, but we still let them go outside and ride them for a while. Brady and Ryker got big boy trikes. The plastic trikes just don't cut it for our boys, they are way to rough with them and they love to have major trike races on our huge driveway, so much so that they is usually a permanant chalk outline of a race track on our driveway all summer long. These are metal trikes and have thicker wheels. Brady's has a shifter bar on it that when pulled lifts up the back wheels of the trike and makes the trike spin 360 degrees on casters. He loves it. We knew Jilly would want to have whatever the boys had so we got her a big girl trike too, since our other little radio flyer had been long since thrashed by her brothers and she loves it because it looks more like a bike like her brothers. They are outside as I write this having a great time.
This weekend we go to Aaron's sisters house in Moscow to celebrate with his family and then on Sunday we go back to my folks because my brother and sister's families will be up from California. I'm super excited to see them since it's been over a year since we've all been together and the kids have some much fun playing. Hope you all had a great Christmas too!
1 comment:
How fun! I had no idea you could track Santa's progress on Google Maps. I'll have to look into that for next year....
Thanks for sharing! Merry Christmas and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Post a Comment