Monday, February 7, 2011

Ryker, Rykie, Rykes, Rykerdoodle....anyway you say it he's one special little 4 year old







I can't not believe this little one of mine is 4 years old. I'm seriously at a loss for words, and that's pretty unusual for me. He's such a special little boy. Here are a few things I love about my little man:

-He still loves to cuddle in the morning when he wakes up and at night before he goes to bed.

-Even though he knows he won't get it, he still asks for a cookie first thing after he wakes up in the morning.

-He used to be pretty shy around people but now we generally have to tell him to back-off a little. He will give anyone who walks into our house a hug. He just loves to have company over and he will parade every single toy he owns in front of company.

-He is obsessed with his Grandma, and I love the bond they have.

-He plays very well by himself, I love sneeking up on him while he's playing with his trains b/c he creates such great little games. He has a wonderful imagination. But he love loves to play with his brother. He get's a little lost without Brady around after a while. He also loves to play with Jilly and push her around in the wagon, which she loves. He's never been jealous of her, but he will sometimes say his blood sugar is low. We do everything we can to treat him like we do Brady.

-He's not the best eater in the world. He eats alot, but not much variety. I guess this isn't something I love, it's actually something I worry a lot about. But the odd thing is, for the lack of variety that kid eats, he is the most regular person in the house, and when he drops the kids off at the pool it usually circles around the bowl. Sorry TMI!

-He is my dramatic child, which is probably a middle child thing, but I love that whenever he cries b/c he got hurt he'll cry for whomever isn't there. i.e. my Mom or Aaron.

-He could live off of cookies and chocolate milk.

-He prounces thanks (anks) I love it. He prounces tunnel (hunnel). He pronounces helicopter (hopter) and Piniata (yata) These all make me giggle.

-A little food can change his mood dramatically. Hmmm, I wonder where he get's that one from????

-He and I have this deal that we can go LOOK at the toy aisle at walmart, but we are not buying anything.

-He's a great dancer! I don't know where he get's it, but the kid's got some moves. I love it and he likes to sing. The words aren't always right, but I tend to like his versions better anyway.

There are a million other things I love about Ryker, but this post is getting a little long, so I'll save them for next year b/c I'm sure I'll have a million more to share. I am so lucky to be his Mama and watch him grow and become an adult. I'm so glad I get to come along for the Ryker Ride.

1 comment:

C.J. and Jen said...

Happy Birthday Ryker!!! It was fun to read about his little personality! Hope you guys had a good celebration.