Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mexican Hat Dance

Scene: Our living room, just hanging out.

Brady: Mommy, does Ryker get low blood sugar like me?

Me: Um, no honey. Just you, your special.

Brady: Oh, little brothers aren't special.

Me: No, Ryker's special, just in a different way than you are.

Brady: Oh, so when I get big I won't have to wear my pump sites anymore?

Me: Well, hopefully not, but I'm not sure yet. Hopefully we will have a cure for diabetes when you get big or maybe there will be a better way to give you insulin than through your pump. I just don't know yet.

Brady: Can I have a cookie?

This conversation was like a mexican hat dance on my heart.



This picture is from the water park in Hayden, ID this past weekend. We went there after Brady's endocrinologist appt. in Spokane b/c it also happened to be Ryker's 3rd birthday. We had a great time and I'll post about that soon too.

1 comment:

allison said...

What a sweet kid! I love that picture!