Ok, so I might have a little touch of OCD. This weekend my wonderful husband was nice enough to put up some christmas lights on the house that I had bought. We didn't put up any christmas decorations last year b/c I was still a little depressed over Brady's diagnosis and just didn't feel in the christmas spirit, so I really wanted to make this christmas special for our family, hence the lights. The lights I bought were just your standard mini-lights, but when Aaron put them up they were not straight and it secretly bothered me. It wasn't how he put them up, he did a perfect job, it was just the nature of those lights. So I quickly came to the realization that we needed the big christmas lights, the C9's. I waited until the next day to tell Aaron that I wanted him to tear down the lights and put up these C9 lights that I wanted to buy. Needless to say, he thought I was more than a little crazy but the good husband that he is, he said he'd do it. So I helped him take down the little non-straight lights and he put up the wonderful, big, straight lights. I even customized the color of our lights by buying two strands of red and two strands of green and swapped out every other red light and switched it with a green light. Ok, that may not be customization as much as a little more OCD. But you get the picture.
And on a side note: Brady was pretending to be a puppy dog today, so I got a leash and put it around his waist for a tail. He thought this was great and proceeded to run around the house and bark like a dog. A few minutes later, Aaron came home for lunch and we we're chatting about how ridiculous it was that we had to spend $130 bucks for the Honda dealership to tell us that the reason our check engine light was on was b/c we needed a new gas cap that we could have replaced ourselves for like $15 bucks, as this was occuring, I look over to see that Brady is licking himself. Before I could ask him why he was licking himself, I see that Moose is also licking himself and I quickly come to the realization that Brady is imitating our dog. I'm just really glad that Moose was only licking his leg and nothing else.....
2 comments:
Your OCD paid off...they look great! And that's a good husband if you ask me...way to go Aaron!
Okay, I thought I was the only one. Nate refuses to buy big lights when we have left over small lights that we could use. But, as you know, small lights don't hang straight and they drive me nuts!! So we didn't put up any this year! By the way, I've never seen a picture of your whole house...it's so cute!
Post a Comment