Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What the boys are into



So, I clearly haven't blogged in a while b/c I've been a little preoccupied with facebook. Not that anyone reads this blog anyhow, except for maybe Emily and she's probably given up on me by now. Ok, so I thought I might write about what the boys have been into lately. Brady just got over one of his fevers last week. He hadn't had one since May and this one came back with a vengence. He hit 105 and barfed, fun for all. We handled it and he wound up not having to go to the hospital thank goodness. But during a short break from his fevers this past weekend, he learned how to ride his bike without training wheels. He can't start on his own yet, but he went a good 200 yards by himself. Not bad for feeling crappy, and his blood sugar was like 320 at the time. Impressive.


Now Ryker has been a busy boy too. Between riding his trike and learning how to open the sliding door and escaping to the back yard, he has discovered how fun Brady's Thomas Trains can be. He loves to sit at the kitchen counter and connect all the trains. Brady is alright with the development since he is very much in to his Geo Trax trains and trapping Moose into any small space he can manage and then proceeding to cover him up with multiple blankets. When I ask him what he's up to he explains to me that he's putting Moose down for a nap. Moose is such a good dog, he totally puts up with it, but he does look at me with "are you kidding me" eyes. I'll have to take a picture of that sometime.

2 comments:

The Coombs' said...

Thanks for the update! I can't believe Brady can ride without training wheels. That's impressive! Ryker is so funny, I need to meet that kid...I bet him and Zac would get along great!

allison said...

Kim! I'm so glad I found you here! Your family is beautiful. I wish I could make things easier for Brady, but I'm glad he has such a loving, attentive Mommy and Daddy. If you're ever up in this area with nothing better to do :), feel free to come on over. It would be fun to meet your boys.